Friday, June 30, 2017

Faux Quilted Background Tutorial


Hi friends! I hope your summer/winter (depending on the hemisphere!) has been great so far! I am really exited to share that starting this month, I will be sharing tutorials here on the blog each month on how to create one-layer digital cards with products from the MHKDesigns Etsy Shop that look like the have been cut and layered! I feel like a lot of the cards I make are never mailed because they get bulky, so this is a way I can ensure that some of them at least will make it out of my house! ;)  Take a peek at the first card I have to share with you in this series...


Isn't it pretty??? I love the way the papers are layered and look like a faux quilt! That's why I'm calling this digital technique "Digital Faux Quilted Background". The papers I used for this technique are from the Sunflower Sampler digital paper pack. The image (from the Stitched Sunflower digital stamp set) was not colored digitally, though. I colored it in with Spectrum Noir markers after it was printed. The burlap ribbon was also added for some added texture!


If you'd like to see a tutorial on how to create this technique, head on over to check out the video on the MHKDesigns YouTube channel!! The card I make for the tutorial is different colors and looks like this once it is colored and has ribbon added...


That's all I have for you today, friends! Thank you so much for stopping by! I always love to hear from you, so please do let me know your thoughts in the comments below! Don't forget to hop back and join in our *NEW* challenge tomorrow for your chance at winning some digital goodies from the MHKDesigns Etsy Shop! Until next time, HUGS and happy {digital} stamping, friends!


Project supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment